Download Application (PDF with Fillable Form Fields)
Download Application for Renewal Scholarship (PDF with Fillable Form Fields)
- Must be between the ages of 16 – 25 years old
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or a high school student in good standing (who will graduate in the current academic year).
- Dependent of a parent who suffered either an employment related fatality or injuries that have had a significant adverse effect on family income.
- Proceeds can be used for vocational / technical school, junior college, undergraduate or graduate programs
- Proceeds must be used for tuition, fees or room and board only (will be paid directly to the institution).
- Prior to award of the scholarship, applicant must demonstrate that they meet the minimum criteria for acceptance to the institution to which they have applied. This can be accomplished by either submitting the formal acceptance letter from the institution, or providing documentation (transcripts, tests scores) meeting the institution’s minimum admission criteria.
- Scholarship awards are contingent on availability of funds and may be renewed
Required Supporting Materials
- Completed Application
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a relative
- Narrative (2 page maximum) describing parent’s employment related accident, its personal/economic impact on you and your family, and why the scholarship will help you attain your educational goals.
- Copy of First Report of Injury, if available. If no First Report of Injury is available, please provide a short description of your parent’s employment at the time of injury.
- Copy of completed FAFSA
- If possible: Student Aid Report (SAR) from FAFSA processing center; Financial Aid Award letter and Student Account Statement from educational institution.
Mail Completed Application and Supporting Materials by April 15 to:
Kids’ Chance of Nebraska c/o Steve Lincoln
PO Box 89310, Sioux Falls, SD 57109-9310
Or email to: Steve Lincoln Steve.Lincoln@rascompanies.com